Golden Road Arts - Encouraging Students, Promoting Northwest Artists
Welcome, teachers, parents, and homeschoolers! If you are new to Golden Road Arts, you can register here for free to download lesson plans and view all of our lesson videos. Or keep scrolling to learn more and view some sample lesson plans.
Golden Road Arts is focused on free art education
- We develop teaching videos to support teachers and homeschoolers.
- We promote art education, art appreciation and artists.
- We share how the arts shape lives and careers that derive from art education.
- We promote creativity in all artistic mediums.
- Grade-specific videos, PD downloads and art curriculum that meet the State of Oregon standards are free. We ask that you sign in to download so we know who is using our stuff.
Recent Art Projects
Artist Barbara Mason welcomes her grandsons to the Golden Road studio to create salt paintings and to mix flour, salt and water to sculpt home-made playdough. Each of these art lessons requires hands-on involvement with the children, as you will see. However, the...
Artist, printmaker and educator Barbara Mason demonstrates two projects for children to make with regular household items. The first is an example of how to make finger puppets using a story such as "The Three Little Pigs" as source material. The second is a lesson...
In this episode of Golden Road Arts lessons for children, Artist, Printmaker and Educator Barbara Mason helps you draw a face in relationship to what you see – not how you have always been drawing faces. She helps you see your face and the faces of your friends and...
For more content, login. Or, if you are new to Golden Road Arts, you can register here for free to download lesson plans and view all of our lesson videos.